About Construction Training & Consultancy Services
I am (Tim) currently working as a freelancer, in the following:
- An End Point Assessor for the NOCN Group and have End Point Assessed for the Steel Fixing apprenticeship standard for Hinckley Point Steel Fixer apprentices at the Construction & Innovation college, Cannington, Bridgwater, Somerset.
- Moderator for the apprenticeship standards for NOCN and have worked on the development for the steel fixer & formwork carpenter apprenticeship standard
- NVQ Assessor for construction qualifications
- Fully NOCN Approved; yard, personally and Private Training Centre No. 30003400
- Steel-Fixer Trainer
- Fully DBS checked
- NOCN SiteRight Course(s) trainer
- Formwork Carpenter; (Practical & Knowledge) End Point Practical Assessment developer for NOCN for the Apprenticeship Standard, developing the formwork/Falsework construction designs.
- NEW Site Carpentry ONE-DAY L2 NVQ coming in 2024
- ONE-DAY Steel Fixing L2 NVQ- CAN TRAVEL: TO YOU! – I can travel the country to your place of work to deliver this course to your employees/operatives (suject to terms & conditions)
Where It All Began
My Grandad and Dad (both steel fixers), starting Byrne Reinforcements in the mid 1960’s…and I began my journey on the prestigious Dartford Crossing- QEII Bridge, where I was a nip-hand (steel fixer), where over 10,000 tonne of reinforcement was fixed…My Brother also joined the family steel fixing business, my Dad and Grandad had lunch wit Queen Elizabeth II to celebrate the opening of the QEII Bridge in 1991…
We supplied and fixed steel reinforcement up to 50,000 tonnes per year, working for companies such as: Skanska, Balfour Beatty, Sir Robert McAlpine… to name a few…
.. a few of our prestigious PROJECTS:
- QEII Dartford Bridge Crossing – over 10,000 tonnes of steel reinforcement fixed.
- Millennium Bridge, London (the most complex reinforcement of it time: Conical Piers in the River Thames, London) for Sir Robert McAlpine
- CTRL (Channel Tunnel Rail Link); Ashford International & Stratford International Station
- Station for Skanska
- Silver Jubilee Tube Line Stations; Docklands Light Railway
CUTTING, BENDING & PREFABRICATION of rebar
Our CARES approved Cutting, Bending & Prefabrication yard, for 15 years, where we produced over 15,00 tonnes per year, of cut and bent rebar & prefabricated steel reinforcement structures to the CARES approval high standard…
…some of our Rebar pile cages were welded to BS7123 with our Robotic Pile Cage Welding machines and hand welding Pile Cages, Diaphragm Walls and ground beams supplied to many a small builder.
I then, personally worked for RMDKwikform (suppliers of Formwork & Falsework products) for 9 years and worked on 100’s of projects, in London & the Southeast, such as: Crossrail – Whitechapel Station, Broadgate & Liverpool Street., A13 Bridge, Essex.
MY SOCIAL VALUE
Mental Health and Well-being – LGBTQ+ Advocate & Awareness campaigner and I am personally a Gay man working within the construction industry, so with my personal experience – Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Consultancy.
Therefore, my legacy to Sizewell-C will be, to empower all those, whom feel, they are different and do not fit-in and therefore, by my being, ‘My-Authentic-Self’ – To see, Is to Be…Unless we all see those similar to ourselves, we feel we cannot be ourselves…So, by seeing me, and by my speaking my truth, about my life struggles & challenges, within both my personal life and my work life and how I have overcome these, then this, will empower those to choose their own path with the knowledge and tools to overcome their own life struggles & challenges. They will see, how perceptions are changing, and that the construction industry is on a path of change, too – That these changes, however small, are actually huge, and this means we feel protected, we have value, we have a voice and that that voice is being listened to – Therefore, we can find inner-strength to be our “Authentic-Self’ and choose our own path and be able to work in an environment that does not judge, and everyone can bring their ‘Whole-Self’ to the work environment, without fear, without anxiety, but with a sense of peace within, to just be!
NET-ZERO & SUATAINABILITY
I set my company up in lockdown to deliver construction NVQ training, to try and have a zero-carbon footprint, and be a sustainable as I can – This I am achieving by:
A) Working from a home-office & small yard
B) All learner portfolios on an online portal
C) All awarding body documents online
D) I visit the learner or via an online portal
E) Remotely deliver as many qualifications online, where possible, reducing carbon footprint by 80% (the delivery of qualifications)
F) I have reduced printing on paper, by having everything online and reusing, and recycling paper where I can.
G) I am also setting up an online academy, where there will be a virtual classroom, learning materials, construction courses, etc – this will be launched very soon.
I believe that I am on the right course to be net-zero by 2026.